WEDDING RECEPTION PACKAGE £1,000 (Reception only, No ceremony)
The Wedding Reception Package includes:-
- All rooms at Charlton Down Village Hall all day on the Saturday (or main event day) from 8.00am – 12.00 midnight. Guests are required to leave by 11pm at the latest (out of consideration for our neighbours). The last hour is to allow time for suppliers to pack up.
- Use of Toad Hall for deliveries on the afternoon of the day before the event, and for storage of items to be collected on the morning of the first working day after the event.
- Three hours on the Sunday morning to finish clearing up and restoring the premises to the original state.
- Facilities such as the sound system which includes microphones for the speeches and equipment for playing music during the reception is included.
- Client making a charge for alcoholic beverages will need to have a licence to sell alcoholic beverages. Charlton Down Village Hall has its own licence for the sale of alcohol and this is included.
- Stage lighting for a band (discotheques normally bring their own) is included.
- A damage Deposit of £150 will be charged and this will be banked and returned to the client in full if there is no damage. Clients should note that damage includes not returning the premises to the clean and tidy state in which they were handed over.
- All Weddings and Wedding Receptions are charged on the package basis and no discounts are available on these.
Civil Marriage or Civil Partnership Ceremonies (£250)
We are licensed to hold civil ceremonies every day of the week with or without a reception to follow. Ceremonies without a reception afterwards have the use of the Ballroom, Toad Hall and the kitchen for a period of 3 hours.
If you decide to have a civil ceremony, you should first contact the Superintendent Registrar in Dorchester. The Registrar will take a provisional booking up to twelve months in advance, although a confirmation must be made three months prior to your date.
We offer you the total flexibility to design and personalise your special day exactly how you want it. You are welcome to choose all your own suppliers whether they be caterers, florists, DJ etc and you are welcome to look at our list of recommended suppliers to help you with your planning.
A damage deposit of £150 is payable before your event. This will be refunded once trustees have checked that no damage has occurred and all rooms have been left clean and tidy.
Tables and Crockery
We have plenty of rectangular and square tables and chairs that are in included in the package but should you wish to use round tables, these will need to be hired in. You will also need to hire your own crockery. This can be delivered to the hall the day before your event and collected on the first working day after your event. Please see our list of recommended suppliers.
The use of the sound system is included in the package and includes the use of microphones for speeches. iPods/phones can also be connected to the system to play music as guests arrive or during your meal.
We ask that all Ballroom doors are closed by 10pm to prevent noise travelling around the village. Music must stop by 10.45pm.
End of the evening
All guests must leave by 11pm. All suppliers myst be packed up and out of the building by midnight. The hall is run by volunteers and a volunteer is required to lock up.
After the event
You will have until midday on the day following your reception to clear up. The rooms should be returned to the condition that they were found in, ready for the next hirer. If clients are unable to leave the rooms clean for the next client, we will have to employ cleaners to finish the job and the cost of this will be deducted from the deposit.
If you would like to view the hall or you have any questions please contact us either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 07583 886372